Custom Search

January 31, 2018

Meet Samantha




I'm Samantha,

I was one of the outside cats where Bob and Monika live, but Monika picked me up by my scruff and brought me in. At first, they thought I was pregnant, but it turned out I have a bad bladder infection. As a result, I was in their master bathroom a day and a half before I went to the bathroom. But Bob says I made up for lost time. I also have scabbies which Monika has treated me for. Here is another picture of me that was taken the first day I was here.


Bob and Monika both say I am a very sweet kitty, but I am afraid of the litter box and will not use it. They have tried two different litter boxes and now they have the litter in the cover of a printer paper box to see if maybe a shorter box will work. They changed to it last night and I still pooed outside it, so this morning they changed to a corn-based litter to see if I like that. They hope they can find something that will get me to use the litter, because if they don't they will have to put me back outside once I am healthy again.

Bob here,

If anyone has any suggestions for getting her to use the litter box please post them here. I would hate to have to put such a sweet cat back outside.


3 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

aww........samantha is probably associating the litter box with hurting from the
infection; try


keep the box away from noise and distraction
keep the lid off if it's covered
don't let any of the other cats "ambush" her prior to; or after using it
try sand or dirt and leaves at the top so it's more like "outside"
don't have a lot of litter in the box where by she can't dig around
if she hops in and out and you know it's not a medical issue; let her do so
let her see you dig around in the box
if she gets used to actual "litter" try dr. elsey's cat attract

hope this helps and hope she gets better ♥♥♥♥♥

pilch92 said...

Such a sweetie. Please don't give up on her, I like the advice from the Trout Towne Tabbies and I hope it works.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Sometimnes we cats arrive in the lives og the Beings with problems. LC fer example, had ear mites so bad her eyes were all infected and she couldn't open the after she fell asleep. TBT only rrealized that the 2nd day when she went bumping around following the smell of the food bowls. She went to the vet immediately of course and got all better.